Friday, July 13, 2012

Australia July 13, 2012





I awoke to a brilliantly clear day.  The sun came out and I peeled off a few layers.  Perfect day to paint.  So I trotted off to the Wimmara Hotel to paint for a few hours.  Haven't painted en plein aire for a few years, it was a bit clunky, but I have a passable painting.  I'll change type of paper, as Arches will give me better quality than Canson.   Here's a picture of me set up by the side of the road to paint. I'll try to work on a painting tonight of the interior of the Glenorchy Pub, and do some henna on the fins.  I got most of the paper applied to the flying machine in the afternoon and will finish applying tomorrow.  The chill and humidity is taking it a long time in drying, but I found force drying it by the fire doesn't work.  It wrinkles too much.  But alas. clouds are rolling in so I'm afraid it may rain again. Hopefully just overnight, as I'd like to go to Hall's Gap and hike around tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment