Thursday, July 2, 2015

Green Acres is the Place to Be

So I am putting up my show in Fort Worth. Semi disaster after another. No, I really shouldn't say that,  maybe my incompetence or just the fates.

So although I didn't sleep well the night of the 30, I got up at 2:45 and was on the road by 3:30, but Laredo taco company at the Stripes wasn't serving yet. I so like my coffee and egg, potato and cheese tacos when I'm on the road.

Took Marsha Sharp 82 towards Crosbyton. It was rather uneventful, well desolate I should say rumbling through all those little towns at 4am. Idalou, Lorenzo, Rawls, Crosbyton.

I was freaked out that I would hit a deer, only saw one, but it unnerved me enough. From like Dickens on, there is like, NO gas to be had. Luckily in Benjamin a small little place with terrible local coffee was open at 6. Then on to Seymour where I started South to Fort Worth.

Of course driving the Vardo into FW was also unnerving. Stopped a bunch of times to consult the driving directions, trying to elicit help from a Hispanic mechanic, but to no avail. But did make fine time arriving at the FW Community Art Center by 10:30 am.

Then of course crap started happening. But that is for another post.


No comments:

Post a Comment